Understanding that data is the new oil, security measures are not just a good idea, but a must have to keep organizations and sensitive information safe. Managed Security Services Providers (MSSP) offer remote monitoring and management of IT security functions delivered via shared services from remote security operations centers.
Does your organization consider hiring and working with a MSSP?
Hiring a MSSP can bring great benefits to your organization, since it offers trained staff to deal with the daily-basis security issues. You may want to hire a MSSP for numerous reasons such as:
- restricted IT budgets
- not having an IT Security team
- avoiding the herculean job of staying on top of the new and extreme sophisticated cyber threats.
How to evaluate and choose a MSSP?
Cyber Security is hard work, and choosing a MSSP is a delicate balance. Below you can find 5 points that will help you and make this important decision easier.
1. Are they qualified?
This is a crucial point. You must evaluate the qualifications of the MSSP and their technical team. Make sure that the MSSP has plenty of experience in your work field and certifications.
2. What should they offer?
Hiring a MSSP who offers a multi-layer security system is paramount. Make sure they offer the following protections:
- Identify vulnerabilities consistently by routinely scanning the footprint in order to identify potential security gaps and fix them;
- Network security with next-gen firewalls, threat prevention and detection (IPS/IDS);
- Endpoint protection with the most advanced AI Driven capabilities;
- Security Operations Center (SOC) working around the clock - 24/7/365;
- Block malicious and phishing emails;
- Training users regularly to identify phishing and raising the awareness of Cybersecurity in your organization.
3. How do they handle your data?
It is important to understand where your sensitive data is stored. How do they handle it? Be assured the MSSP takes data protection seriously and that they understand the data regulations involved. The ideal MSSP provider will safely store your data and make sure it can not be commingled with the data of other companies to whom they provide services.
4. Can they provide a leading-edge cybersecurity service?
Security threats are becoming more complex and sophisticated and MSSP providers should upgrade their footprint to provide leading-edge protection. At CyVent, we are pleased in offering Haven, from Corvid Cyberdefense.
5. What are their references?
As a matter of fact, Corvid Cyberdefense team is a Military-grade cyber security company with the best professionals in its field and they service the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
See more and schedule some time to speak with one of our experts: https://www.cyvent.com/products